Fisgard 1982-83

Griffin Division

HMS Fisgard - West Side

Griffin Div ShirtGriffin division was, together with Spickernell, one of the last divisions to be formed within Fisgard's divisional system; being founded in the spring of 1973. The division was named after Rear Admiral M H Griffin CB. who joined the Navy as an Artificer Apprentice at HMS Caledonia in 1937. As artificer training started to move to HMS Raleigh, divisional numbers were augmented from Bennett division when that closed at the end of the Spring Term 1983. Griffin itself closed at the end of the summer term 1983 when 823 Entry passed out of Fisgard.

 

   

Other Griffin Division Photos